sky7
07-28 10:02 AM
I was reading some latest info about I140 & I140 Premium Processing at
http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html
it stated
In order to be eligible for the three-year extension, the H1B worker must be the beneficiary of an approved I-140 petition and the case must be subject to retrogression (nonavailability of visa numbers).
So say I got approved I140, but since i am as of now..not subject to retrogression (I am not from India/China, my EB2 is current - PD 9/2002), then I won't be eligible for 3-yr H1B extension???? :eek:
Anyone knows?
Thanks..
http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html
it stated
In order to be eligible for the three-year extension, the H1B worker must be the beneficiary of an approved I-140 petition and the case must be subject to retrogression (nonavailability of visa numbers).
So say I got approved I140, but since i am as of now..not subject to retrogression (I am not from India/China, my EB2 is current - PD 9/2002), then I won't be eligible for 3-yr H1B extension???? :eek:
Anyone knows?
Thanks..
wallpaper Download Jennifer Lopez - Love
NJpatel
08-04 04:11 PM
In this case you can not port the PD unless your subsequent I140 is approved ( ie your Feb-08 I-140 is approved) Once this get approved, you can port to already approved EB2-I140 to make your EB2-140 PD same as your EB3-I140 PD.
My earlier post had misleading information. I filed my I-140 in Feb'08 and I-485 in June'08. I didn't file my I-140/485 concurrently. I-140 is still pending and in my application PD transfer was requested.
Thanks again to all your responses.
My earlier post had misleading information. I filed my I-140 in Feb'08 and I-485 in June'08. I didn't file my I-140/485 concurrently. I-140 is still pending and in my application PD transfer was requested.
Thanks again to all your responses.
gch
05-29 11:22 PM
Error while sending fax....
Immigration Voice Web Fax
Message was not sent
Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: recipients_failedivoice-config@interpage.net
could you please try again .. it works now
Immigration Voice Web Fax
Message was not sent
Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: recipients_failedivoice-config@interpage.net
could you please try again .. it works now
2011 Jennifer Lopez – Love
same_old_guy
05-22 05:13 PM
Checking out this section of the bill :
(2) PENDING AND APPROVED PETITIONS AND APPLICATIONS.�Petitions
for an employment-based visa filed for classification under
section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Immigration and Nationality
Act (as such provisions existed prior to the enactment of this
section) that were filed prior to the date of the introduction of
the [Insert title of Act] and were pending or approved at the time of
the effective date of this section, shall be treated as if such
provision remained effective and an approved petition may serve
as the basis for issuance of an immigrant visa. Aliens with
applications for a labor certification pursuant to section
212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act shall
preserve the immigrant visa priority date accorded by the date
of filing of such labor certification application.
It says something about preserving priority date. Is there any provision to port the priority date from old system to new system. I am sure there would some sort of concept for priority date in the new system.
Now if we can transfer our priority date from old system we would definitely get some benefit in the new system. Any comments ?
(2) PENDING AND APPROVED PETITIONS AND APPLICATIONS.�Petitions
for an employment-based visa filed for classification under
section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Immigration and Nationality
Act (as such provisions existed prior to the enactment of this
section) that were filed prior to the date of the introduction of
the [Insert title of Act] and were pending or approved at the time of
the effective date of this section, shall be treated as if such
provision remained effective and an approved petition may serve
as the basis for issuance of an immigrant visa. Aliens with
applications for a labor certification pursuant to section
212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act shall
preserve the immigrant visa priority date accorded by the date
of filing of such labor certification application.
It says something about preserving priority date. Is there any provision to port the priority date from old system to new system. I am sure there would some sort of concept for priority date in the new system.
Now if we can transfer our priority date from old system we would definitely get some benefit in the new system. Any comments ?
more...
burnt
06-21 10:34 PM
Instead of entering (c)(09) on the EAD renewal form, I entered (c)(0)(9). Friends please let me know if this is going to cause any issue for my EAD application?
danonline2110
01-22 02:56 PM
Hello,
I am a French citizen (married to a French woman with a French 3 1/2 daughter). We have been living for 8 years in London (UK) until July 2007, where we have had the opportunity to come and live in US (Atlanta - GA) for past 1 1/2 year on a L1-Visa (for me as a foreign national holding an advanced degree on international transfer company) and L-2 visas for my dependents (My wife has her EAD and is working as a French teacher consultant). These are 3 year Visas renewable until 5 years. I have moved as a Product Architect in IT field (Airline Industry) reporting to an IT Director.
I am currently trying to negotiate with my company to stay on a local contract after my initial mission of 2 years expires (end June 09) and make them do all the necessary paperwork for getting the Green Cards for me/wife and daughter (I assume would be EB-2?)
They may reject my offer to handle requesting Green Cards for us, but still offer me to stay on a local contract on the L1-Visa, not allowing me to foresee to stay legally any longer than 5 years (maybe extended 2 additional years but still...).
I want to be prepared for that scenario with assistance of experts to know where I could go from there.
2 Alternatives as I see:
1) If I stay in same company, could I try to apply for Green Cards for my family (Green Card EB-2) myself being employed by this company on L1 Visa? What are my chances of succeeding then?
2) We are expecting a baby girl in March (who will be born American in Atlanta) and was wondering whether or not she could sponsored us (on our request being their parents and she would only be an infant), so that we could stay legally and request the Green Cards Family Based?
In both cases, if I apply myself for the Green Cards, I suppose I would no longer be tied to my company and free to look for a job elsewhere in Georgia or other state in USA?
I would appreciate any expertise on that matter.
Thanks!
Daniel
I am a French citizen (married to a French woman with a French 3 1/2 daughter). We have been living for 8 years in London (UK) until July 2007, where we have had the opportunity to come and live in US (Atlanta - GA) for past 1 1/2 year on a L1-Visa (for me as a foreign national holding an advanced degree on international transfer company) and L-2 visas for my dependents (My wife has her EAD and is working as a French teacher consultant). These are 3 year Visas renewable until 5 years. I have moved as a Product Architect in IT field (Airline Industry) reporting to an IT Director.
I am currently trying to negotiate with my company to stay on a local contract after my initial mission of 2 years expires (end June 09) and make them do all the necessary paperwork for getting the Green Cards for me/wife and daughter (I assume would be EB-2?)
They may reject my offer to handle requesting Green Cards for us, but still offer me to stay on a local contract on the L1-Visa, not allowing me to foresee to stay legally any longer than 5 years (maybe extended 2 additional years but still...).
I want to be prepared for that scenario with assistance of experts to know where I could go from there.
2 Alternatives as I see:
1) If I stay in same company, could I try to apply for Green Cards for my family (Green Card EB-2) myself being employed by this company on L1 Visa? What are my chances of succeeding then?
2) We are expecting a baby girl in March (who will be born American in Atlanta) and was wondering whether or not she could sponsored us (on our request being their parents and she would only be an infant), so that we could stay legally and request the Green Cards Family Based?
In both cases, if I apply myself for the Green Cards, I suppose I would no longer be tied to my company and free to look for a job elsewhere in Georgia or other state in USA?
I would appreciate any expertise on that matter.
Thanks!
Daniel
more...
mrajatish
09-26 09:50 PM
I kind of agree that this insanity really needs to stop - people need to realize EB3 and EB2 are both going to be pretty slow for India, so the best option or the only option is to lobby for a legislative change.
Also, labor sub if allowed should not allow PD substitution. Why can't DOL/USCIS stop that?
Also, labor sub if allowed should not allow PD substitution. Why can't DOL/USCIS stop that?
2010 Jennifer Lopez – Love?
rogerdepena
07-17 10:33 PM
Let us boycott CNN to protest the unjust presentation of immigrants in their news. I can't comprehend why a big and reputable network would support a show like Lou Dobbs. Lou dobbs and his minions has been spreading lies and hate about legal immigration. The sad part is that the ordinary American would believe them since they are part of a big network, CNN -- supposedly a moral and ethical news company driven to tell the truth and expose injustice. Everyday we try hard to be a good citizen, build a good reputation, and work hard for the betterment of this country but everyday too, Lou Dobbs and his panel of experts ruins everything that we have gained. We cannot ignore this negative publicity anymore. I used to watched CNN ASIA and truly believe that they were the best international network -- they were fair and unbiased in their reporting. But CNN US seems to be a different animal, their seems to be an underlying current of hate hiding and pretending to be patriotic. So, I would like to ask IV core to add this to IV's strategy. Let us spread the word that CNN/Lou Dobbs is anti-immigrant and should not be patronized. Tell your friends and family and let them spread the word. We should also boycott all CNN-related companies i.e Time, CNN ASIA, etc. since they are part of the same animal. We should start being vigilant and fight back on things that are hurtful to us but in a peaceful way.
more...
prout02
11-20 10:49 AM
Seems like a good idea to me...even if it favors people with Attorneys....it atleast gives you an avenue to present your case to some Computer which then assigns the case to a human. Wow...what progress, TSC!!! Why can't your computer pick it up in the first place? What kind of system you have that can't prioritize work based on FIFO? Now we see a way out of this hell-hole. Hope NSC does the same too!!
An afterthought: Could we write to Ombudsman for NSC adapting similar email routine?
An afterthought: Could we write to Ombudsman for NSC adapting similar email routine?
hair Jennifer Lopez “LOVE?
saketkapur
07-06 05:48 PM
I had asked Ron Gotcher on his forum the same question.....below is what he had to say obout it.......
You should be ok......just keep renewing your documents.
Entered on AP,valid H1B,do I need to get I-94 extented - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/adjustment-of-status/6412-entered-on-ap-valid-h1b-do-i-need-to-get-i-94-extented.html)
Re: Entered on AP,valid H1B,do I need to get I-94 extented
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry about an advance parole I-94 expiring. There is no penalty if you overstay beyond the period authorized on an advance parole I-94. I don't know why they put an end date on those. There is no way to extend them other than leaving the US and re-entering. More to the point, there can't do anything if your overstay.
__________________
You should be ok......just keep renewing your documents.
Entered on AP,valid H1B,do I need to get I-94 extented - Immigration Information Discussion Forum (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/adjustment-of-status/6412-entered-on-ap-valid-h1b-do-i-need-to-get-i-94-extented.html)
Re: Entered on AP,valid H1B,do I need to get I-94 extented
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry about an advance parole I-94 expiring. There is no penalty if you overstay beyond the period authorized on an advance parole I-94. I don't know why they put an end date on those. There is no way to extend them other than leaving the US and re-entering. More to the point, there can't do anything if your overstay.
__________________
more...
snathan
05-19 06:57 PM
I am also travelling with the family in June for a couple of months !
the murthy link and this thread over all is helpful !
Our company's lawyer mentioned that if the 485 gets approved while abroad then when I come back I just tell the officer at the entry point that I was out and do not have the card in hand. So I enter using AP.
I also asked him (and in another thread here ) if I can have the card mailed to India by a friend and he said yes, I can do that if I am comfortable with it.
On a different note , one other person mentioned to me that one has to be in the US when the 485 application is approved or else they can reject the application, but that does not sound true and nor I have heard anything like that from the lawyer or in any of the forums !!
Then whats the purpose of AP....?
the murthy link and this thread over all is helpful !
Our company's lawyer mentioned that if the 485 gets approved while abroad then when I come back I just tell the officer at the entry point that I was out and do not have the card in hand. So I enter using AP.
I also asked him (and in another thread here ) if I can have the card mailed to India by a friend and he said yes, I can do that if I am comfortable with it.
On a different note , one other person mentioned to me that one has to be in the US when the 485 application is approved or else they can reject the application, but that does not sound true and nor I have heard anything like that from the lawyer or in any of the forums !!
Then whats the purpose of AP....?
hot Jennifer Lopez – Love?
felix31
06-05 10:15 AM
My last annual H1B extension ritual (8th year) took 10 months. The corresponding H4 extension was approved in 1 month though. No RFEs etc. Go figure :)
I am gearing up for this year's ritual again now -- hope its less than 10 months this year ..
:eek: USCIS defies all logic. Good luck to you!!
We figured if we file h1 and H4 together under premium processing, both cases will be processed as premium (at least that was our previous experience - 3 times in the past).
H1 (7th yrs) extension was processed within 10 days, my h4 is dragging for almost 3 full months. RFE said that they want to see copy of 7th yr h1 approval...:mad:
The only good thing is that hubby's I-140 has been recently approved so at least we will have time to recuperate and then file for 3 yrs extension around Christmas.
And if we are lucky:D Canada PR will arrive before we celebrate our 9yrs in US.
I do not think we will stick around forever, if CIR does not survive conference...no point in slaving 4 more yrs till our PD becomes current..
I am gearing up for this year's ritual again now -- hope its less than 10 months this year ..
:eek: USCIS defies all logic. Good luck to you!!
We figured if we file h1 and H4 together under premium processing, both cases will be processed as premium (at least that was our previous experience - 3 times in the past).
H1 (7th yrs) extension was processed within 10 days, my h4 is dragging for almost 3 full months. RFE said that they want to see copy of 7th yr h1 approval...:mad:
The only good thing is that hubby's I-140 has been recently approved so at least we will have time to recuperate and then file for 3 yrs extension around Christmas.
And if we are lucky:D Canada PR will arrive before we celebrate our 9yrs in US.
I do not think we will stick around forever, if CIR does not survive conference...no point in slaving 4 more yrs till our PD becomes current..
more...
house One Love 3:54 jennifer lopez
drona
08-08 01:37 PM
Southern California IV members,
There are several action items that we are currently working on in the Southern California group including meeting with our lawmakers, membership drive events and getting together volunteers to make calls for the DC Rally. We urgently need active participants to help us carry out these action items. Please contribute your time and effort so that IV can succeed in resolving our issues.
For more information, join us at our yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
There are several action items that we are currently working on in the Southern California group including meeting with our lawmakers, membership drive events and getting together volunteers to make calls for the DC Rally. We urgently need active participants to help us carry out these action items. Please contribute your time and effort so that IV can succeed in resolving our issues.
For more information, join us at our yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
tattoo Jennifer Lopez has finally
wa_Saiprasad
07-11 03:44 PM
This is a very interesting thread. People PLEASE USE THIS LINK and lets all email / send a letter to Mr. President and Mr. Vice President.
IV Core Team, please draft a template so that everyone could use.
Thanks Mihird for finding this link. Great Job!!!
IV Core Team, please draft a template so that everyone could use.
Thanks Mihird for finding this link. Great Job!!!
more...
pictures Jennifer Lopez - LOVE
arc
03-11 03:03 PM
Mr "A" Check with a good tax consultant about implications of being paid in check, on EAD you can do multiple jobs and businesses, as long as you report your earnings and pay tax you should be fine. I am not an expert, check with a tax consultant and an attorney!
Person "A" on H1B with 4 yrs of experience, Green Card filed, EAD received (both husband and wife), I-140 pending, Wife Dependant (has her own H1B), Wife opens a training institute.
1. Can "A" work for his wife and also get paid in check?
2. Can "A" have a second job in his wife's company and retain his original job?
3. Can "A" have a different occupation anywhere else on EAD not related to his original job role? and then can "A" get paid in check?
4. Can "A" work for his wife's company and instead wife gets the check or paid? Is that legal?
5. Can "A"'s wife open a company on EAD and also keep working on her H1B?
6. Can "A" and his wife after EAD work for 2 different jobs if the job description/roles are different?
7. Can "A" work as volunteer in his wife's company?
8. Can a software analyst working with a software company work as a trainer in a training institute on EAD with I-140 either pending or approved?
Person "A" on H1B with 4 yrs of experience, Green Card filed, EAD received (both husband and wife), I-140 pending, Wife Dependant (has her own H1B), Wife opens a training institute.
1. Can "A" work for his wife and also get paid in check?
2. Can "A" have a second job in his wife's company and retain his original job?
3. Can "A" have a different occupation anywhere else on EAD not related to his original job role? and then can "A" get paid in check?
4. Can "A" work for his wife's company and instead wife gets the check or paid? Is that legal?
5. Can "A"'s wife open a company on EAD and also keep working on her H1B?
6. Can "A" and his wife after EAD work for 2 different jobs if the job description/roles are different?
7. Can "A" work as volunteer in his wife's company?
8. Can a software analyst working with a software company work as a trainer in a training institute on EAD with I-140 either pending or approved?
dresses Jennifer Lopez – Love
meridiani.planum
04-01 01:30 AM
At least, get a letter from your employer stating they won't revoke your I-140. If they agree to do so, then file a G-28 appointing a new attorney of your choice; however, if you are happy with your current one and find them affordable, let them know and ensure they will handle your case independent of your employer.
Cheers.
the G-28 is only going to help for I-485 point of view.
The problem the OP is facing is that there is a potential for an RFE on the I-140. That is the employers petition and presumably the employers lawyer, and they are not going to change that. Until the I-140 is done and approved, a change of employer in any case where there is a potential for I-140 RFE is extremely risky. Not worth taking a chance in my opinion.
Cheers.
the G-28 is only going to help for I-485 point of view.
The problem the OP is facing is that there is a potential for an RFE on the I-140. That is the employers petition and presumably the employers lawyer, and they are not going to change that. Until the I-140 is done and approved, a change of employer in any case where there is a potential for I-140 RFE is extremely risky. Not worth taking a chance in my opinion.
more...
makeup Jennifer Lopez - Love (Deluxe
NKR
06-02 10:24 AM
Kaiser.
thx for replying . but I do not want both Visa on Oct1.
My L1 ends sometime in mid September.
My H1 would be effective only from Oct 1.
So, during this time I will be out of status right ?
So if I do my L1 Extension, I might solve the problem.
But Will doing that affect the approved H1 ?
Pls. help. thanks.
It does seem that you will be out of status in the interim period. Can you go to your country on a vacation, come back on H1 and start your new job afresh?. If you can then I suggest you do that, if not I suggest you consult an attorney.
thx for replying . but I do not want both Visa on Oct1.
My L1 ends sometime in mid September.
My H1 would be effective only from Oct 1.
So, during this time I will be out of status right ?
So if I do my L1 Extension, I might solve the problem.
But Will doing that affect the approved H1 ?
Pls. help. thanks.
It does seem that you will be out of status in the interim period. Can you go to your country on a vacation, come back on H1 and start your new job afresh?. If you can then I suggest you do that, if not I suggest you consult an attorney.
girlfriend Download Jennifer Lopez
mallu
07-04 06:44 PM
Firstly, congrats!! BTW, when did you get the fingerprinting completed in your case? Want to get an idea as to how fast the whole process was done. Lets hope it is this way when our turn comes ;)
There is chance things get stuck in security check and rot there for years.
Many Indian applicants will attest to this.
There is chance things get stuck in security check and rot there for years.
Many Indian applicants will attest to this.
hairstyles wallpaper jenniferlopez

andy garcia
10-06 08:01 AM
That's what I'm talking about ! :cool:
I am ready to apply for the 9th time this year:rolleyes:
I am ready to apply for the 9th time this year:rolleyes:
silk2fire
10-15 01:51 PM
I had only one lud after fingerprints code 3 (same Day - Thu day).
:( Does that mean my case is stuck in Name check.??????????????? :(
:( Does that mean my case is stuck in Name check.??????????????? :(
sammyb
03-14 09:19 PM
check here (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=177937,00.html) for all details on tax rebate plan ...
$600 for individual. $1200 for joint filing (hus & wife), and $600 for each dependent (child). Don't know if parents (dependents) are included.
also there is a ceiling in AGI.
Single - <75K;
Joint - <150K
but the amount gradually decreases as your AGI reaches the ceiling : (
I just got the IRS letter with the info yesterday.
$600 for individual. $1200 for joint filing (hus & wife), and $600 for each dependent (child). Don't know if parents (dependents) are included.
also there is a ceiling in AGI.
Single - <75K;
Joint - <150K
but the amount gradually decreases as your AGI reaches the ceiling : (
I just got the IRS letter with the info yesterday.


No comments:
Post a Comment